Sunday, July 24, 2011

Teresa and Dan Go Nihon!

I finally got visitors!

At long, long last I was reunited with high-school chum (and apple of my eye), Teresa Vigmostad.  Fresh out of the Navy and accompanied by her lushly-bearded beau, Dan Viola, she came prepared to experience the wonders of this great island nation.  Wonders which included three junior high school boys wiping out in the middle of the street while trying to ride one bicycle and lots of guys in short-sleeved white work shirts.  But I digress.
Teresa and I on the train to Miyajima Island.  I had somehow managed to secure a day off, though I'm sure I'll have to pay for it later with my soul.  As a side note, don't we look totally boss in this picture?

Teresa and I on Miyajima Island with the famous Vermillion gate in the background.  I know I've shown you Miyajima pics before, but these ones have Teresa in them and are thus far superior to my previous photos.

Dan, Ryan, Teresa and I outside of an arcade on Hondori (the main drag through downtown Hiroshima) with that eternal titan of Japanese cute-dom, Rilakuma.  That's right, we met the Rilakuma.  He's actually a really down-to-earth guy.

Me, Shiho and Dan gearing up for some serious Print Club action.  Dan was excessively surly about something, but the beard counteracts any negative impact that surliness would have had on this picture.

Print Club Photo the first!  I like Ryan's expression on the right.  I'm still not sure if he was intentionally trying to imitate The Scream or if he just wanted this picture to look as freaky as possible.

Print Club Photo the second!  Just look at Dan's face on the bottom right.  Good luck falling asleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment